Jul 5, 2018
On this episode, Charles and Jeff discuss two kinds of animals: the prehistoric, and the Millennial American Male.
First, sequels find a way as we go back to Isla Nublar for the fifth installment of that 25-year-old dino franchise, JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM. Both of us agree that it's stupid, but one of us doesn't think that's necessarily a bad thing.
Then we'll cap the episode with a passionate discussion about one of the year's best films: the riveting drama/documentary hybrid about a real-life art heist, AMERICAN ANIMALS.
In between, we'll take a quick look at three other movies now currently playing in theaters. We each have very different pulse rates for HEARTS BEAT LOUD, Jeff feels the love for the Mr. Rogers doc WON'T YOU BE MY NEIGHBOR?, and Charles finds laughs in the basketball comedy UNCLE DREW.
- JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM, @
- HEARTS BEAT LOUD, @
- WON'T YOU BE MY NEIGHBOR?, @
- UNCLE DREW, @ 24:37
- AMERICAN ANIMALS, @ 28:46
- OUTRO, @ 41:37
- "Hearts Beat Loud", from HEARTS BEAT LOUD (@ )
- "American Animals", from AMERICAN ANIMALS (@ 40:59)
- "Everything Must Go", from HEARTS BEAT LOUD (@ 42:21)