Feb 22, 2019
On this episode of The Bad and the Beautiful, we play some
Motorball and place some Oscar bets.
We begin by discussing ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL, the sci-fi blockbuster adaptation of the popular manga series, from producer James Cameron and director Robert Rodriguez.
Then, Jeff compares and contrasts two February animated releases: HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD, the third and final film in the series, and THE LEGO MOVIE 2: THE SECOND PART.
That’s followed with our look at 3-time Academy Award nominee COLD WAR (Foreign Language, Director, Cinematography), from Oscar-winning IDA director Paweł Pawlikowski
And in the 2nd half of the episode, Charles and Jeff take a look back at the toxic Awards Season, a look now at where things stand, and a look ahead to who may win Hollywood’s biggest prize.
- ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL, @ 0:50
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD / THE LEGO MOVIE 2: THE SECOND PART, @ 10:49
- COLD WAR, @ 15:40
- OSCAR SEASON ANALYSIS / PREVIEW / PREDICITIONS, @ 21:38
- OUTRO, @ 46:39
- THEME SONG: "Love Is For The Very Young", David Raksin, THE BAD AND THE BEAUTIFUL
- “Hooray for Hollywood”, Richard A Whiting & Johnny Mercer
- "Celebrate the Oscars", Hans Zimmer