Aug 5, 2019
On this episode of "The Bad and the Beautiful," Charles and Jeff
look at two different approaches to testosterone-driven cinema,
from a tentpole blockbuster to an art house
First, Jeff takes a fast look at a furious spinoff, HOBBS & SHAW.
Then. both Charles and Jeff take a deep dive into Quentin Tarantino's 9th feature film, first by reviewing ONCE UPON A TIME...IN HOLLYWOOD in depth, then following that with a discussion about gender and ethnic politics in the Tarantino universe.
(WARNING: while no specific plot details are revealed, aspects of the ONCE discussion should be considered SPOILERS for the end of the movie.)
- FAST & FURIOUS PRESENTS: HOBBS & SHAW, @ 0:57
- ONCE UPON A TIME...IN HOLLYWOOD, @ 6:26
- "Gender & Race in the Tarantino Universe" (discussion), @23:30
- OUTRO / CONTACT INFO, @ 31:27
- Theme Song: "Love Is For The Very Young", David Raksin, THE BAD AND THE BEAUTIFUL
- “ Numero Uno Cologne - Radio Ad ”, ONCE UPON A TIME...IN HOLLYWOOD