Aug 3, 2018
On this episode, Charles and Jeff have chosen to accept Tom
Cruise’s latest mission, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - FALLOUT. Does it
Hardly. Ethan Hunt is, after all, the living manifestation of destiny.
Then, from the nail-biting thrills of international espionage, we swing to the traumatic anxieties of middle school in EIGHTH GRADE, the awkwardly cringe-worthy new tale of modern adolescence in the social media age.
In between, we take a quick look at BLINDSPOTTING, the latest examination on modern urban life coming out of Oakland, CA, as well as the fascinating (and unexpectedly shocking) documentary THREE IDENTICAL STRANGERS, about a set of triplet brothers who didn’t know they each existed until they were all nineteen-years-old.
- MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - FALLOUT, @ 0:53
- BLINDSPOTTING, @ 24:19
- THREE IDENTICAL STRANGERS, @ 33:08
- EIGHTH GRADE, @ 37:30
- OUTRO, @ 49:50
- "Mission: Impossible Theme", Danny Elfman/Lalo Schifrin (MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE)
- "The Exchange", Lorne Balfe (MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - FALLOUT)
- “How To Be Confident”, Anna Meredith (EIGHTH GRADE)